This one has been on my list for some time, baked it on our anniversary and then again got lasy with posting it over here.
But here we are, better to be late than never !
DH loved it, actually he loves everything that has to do with pineapple ! :o)
By the way on the side note I found this article handy for the conversion, whenever i get confused following a recipe with different measurements :-)
Let's collect Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
6 Tbsp cake flour
6 Tbsp of ground almonds (Optional)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups of sugar
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
4 large eggs
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
Let's start Baking:
1. Take brown sugar and butter. Combine them and melt in a saucepan on medium heat until sugar dissolves and the mixture looks bubbly. (After sugar melts, don't stir)
2. Pour mixture into stick-free cake pan.
3.Arrange pineapple slices in a single layer ontop of the caramel mixture.
1. Preheat oven to 325 F / 170 C.
2. Whisk the flours, almonds, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until light.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
5. Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream in 2 additions each, beating well after each addition.
6. Pour cake batter over caramel and pineapple in pan.
7. Bake cake until tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
8. Cool cake in pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto a platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.