I prepared this for a dessert on Valentines Day, but again was lazying around to actually post it. Finally here i am ! :)
It's a hit, really easy to prepare, you can customize it the way you want with flavors and fruits, looks great and everyone loves it !
For Bottom layer:
I used Jelly, i used the ready to prepare packets available in super store and followed the instruction which was basically mixing the contents of the pack with water, boiling it and then let it cool.
1. Slightly oild the glasses with almond oil or any odour/ taste less oil.
2. Put the jelly as a first layer in the glass.
3. Refrigerator to let it set while we work on Panna Cotta. I followed David Lebovitz's recipe as you can find HERE.
Let's collect Ingredients for Panna Cotta:
2 cups heavy cream
50 gm Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 sheets Gelatin (approx 12.5 gm)
Cold water (for gelatin sheets)
Let's prepare Panna Cotta:
1. Heat the heavy cream and sugar in a sauce pan. Add the vanilla extract removing from heat once sugar is dissloved.
2. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a medium-sized bowl and let stand for 5 to 10 mins.
3. Pour the very warm Panna Cotta mixture over the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
4. Take out the Jelly glasses from refrigerator. Light layer of crust digestive biscuits over it.
5. Carefully spread the Panna Cotta mixture over it without disturbing jelly layer.
6. Chill them until firm. Atleast 6 hours or overnight.
7. Pour your favorite fruit / syrup on top of that.
8. Serve chilled.