Let's collect Ingredients :
100 gm Kidney Beans
2 Spring Onions
A pinch of Baking Soda / Sodium-bi-carbonate
1-2 tsp Red Chillies Powder
2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
Salt to taste
2-3 Garlic Flakes
Red Chillies Powder
Tortillas (I used Corn flour Tortillas )
Let's prepare Filling:
- Soak Kidney beans for about 6 hrs / overnight in hot water with a pinch of sodium-bi-carbonate.
- Drain the water and rinse beans in fresh water.
- Add salt and cook beans till its done.
- Mash them roughly, don't mash completely, just do half-done.
- Add finely chopped spring onions and mix.
- Take a little butter in a pan, melt it on slow flame.
- Add the prepared mixture, red chillies powder and tomato ketchup t it.
- Mix well and let it done on slow flame.
Let's prepare Gravy:
- Take a pan. Put tomatoes, 2-3 garlic flakes, Onions, add a little water and boil it together.
- When cooked blend it in a blender or mixer with some more water. (The consistency should be like a thin soup but not watery).
- Put on stove. Add Salt, Sugar, Oregano, Red Chillies Powder and bring it to boil.
- Keep it boiling on slow flame for about 5-7 mins.
Let's assemble Enchiladas:
Put the filling in the middle of tortillas.
Wrap it from two sides.
Arrange them in a Baking dish.
Pour some of the gravy on each of the wraps.
Sprinkle a lot of cheese over that.
Bake it in pre-heated oven at 200 C for 30 mins or till the cheese is melted.
While serving the enchiladas, put a little hot gravy again in the serving dish, enjoy your enchiladas!