Pasta is kind of staple food in our house. When we can't think of anything to cook, we make pasta.
I basically love different pasta sauce but DH is not that eager on them. His favourite has been pesto pasta. So at times i make half with pesto and half with arrabbiata sauce.
Recently we tried pasta without any sauce at a pasta joint, not that it was for the first time but this one sure did taste a bit different and more to our liking. So i took a detailed look at ingredients list.
First time i tried to make it at home, it still tasted a bit different. Yesterday i gave it a try again, adamant to copy that taste we had, and success!
You can take whole wheat brown pasta and can do it even healthier !
Here is a recipe. Quick and Easy.
Let's collect Ingredients:
2 cup - Pasta, boiled with a little olive oil and salt
1 small bunch Parsley - cut finely
5-6 Small Red Chilies, cut. (Or as many depending on heat that you can bear)
5-6 cloves Garlic - cut. (We like our pasta extra garlicky)
Black Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
2-3 tsp olive oil
1 tsp - garlic oil - optional
3 tsp Pine nuts - optional
Pasta Cheese for garnishing - optional
Let's make Pasta:
1. Follow the boiling instructions of pasta as on the packaging. Once done, drain it and keep aside.
2. Heat Olive oil in a pan. Add cut red chilies and garlic. Sauté for a minute.
3. Add Pine nuts and garlic oil if you prefer.
4. Add boiled pasta to that. Mix well.
5. Sprinkle finely cut parsley, black pepper and sea salt. Mix well.