While i was on my soup frenzy, i made this one of the days. And i loved it. it is nice creamy with a hint of sweetness.. And to confide in you, this is the first time i used fresh sage. I always wondered what i can use them for whenever i saw them on super-market shelves. They have a distinct strong flavour but only till it is raw. When cooked, it blended perfectly in the flavour of soup.
All you soup lovers are going to like this, go try.
|Butternut - Carrot Soup|
Let's collect Ingredients:
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 white onion, diced
3 cloves garlic
2 carrots, sliced
1 stalk celery ( i didn't have celery at home so didn't use it)
3 cups veg broth
1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
1/2 cup soy milk
salt and pepper to taste
Let's start preparing soup:
|Butternut-Carrot Soup in making from left to right.|
1. In a large soup pot saute garlic and onion in oilve oil until onions turn soft. (2-4 mins)
2. Add carrots and celery. Cook for another 3-5 mins.
3. Add butternut squash and stir just to coat.. Add vegetable broth and sage. For the broth,I used 1 Maggi Bouillonkuipje Groente and 1 tbsp Maggi tuinkruiden bouillon.
4. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to a slow simmer. Allow to cook until squash is soft.
5. Puree the soup in blender. If you prefer chunky texture then mash using potato masher or large fork. Mash until smooth.
6. Stir in soy milk.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy !! :)