This recipe is from Gujarat region and which is normally a bit sweeter than in other parts on India. Though in southern region of Gujarat, it is prepared without sugar.
It is eaten with cumin rice, pulav, khichdi etc.
Let's collect Ingredients:
2 tablespoons gram flour
2 teacups fresh yogurt
1 teaspoon Chilli- Ginger paste
2 tablespoons sugar (approx.) or to taste.
Salt to taste
For the tempering
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
A few curry leaves
2 teaspoons clarified butter (ghee)
Let's start cooking :
1. Mix the gram flour, Yogurt and mix well. Add 3 teacups of water. Beat.
2. Add the chilli-ginger paste, curry leaves, sugar and put to boil.
3. Boil whilst stirring for a while. Add salt.
4. Prepare the tempering by heating the ghee (clarified butter) and frying the cumin and mustard seeds until they turn brown. Add the asafoetida and red chilli.
5. Add the tempering to the kadhi and boil for a few minutes.
If you like coriander then you can sprinkle that on top and serve hot.