Muhammara - Spicy Red Pepper Dip
This recipe is in the draft since my last post.
I used this Dip with Vegetarian Berber Pizza - Medfouna, it went together fantastic !
Muhammara is a slightly spicy red pepper dip. It is easy to make and can be served with toasted pita bread or fresh veggies.
Original recipe calls for more Olive oil, but i just can't bring myself to use too much oil in any recipe whether it's olive oil or normal cooking oil / butter !
Let's collect ingredients:
2 Red Capsicum / Bell Peppers
1 Yellow Onion
3 tbsp Olive Oil
4 tbsp breadcrumbs
3/4 cup walnuts, crushed
1 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp cumin
Let's make Muhammara Dip:
1. Preheat the oven at 175 degree C. Place whole red peppers on greased baking sheet, roast then for about 10-12 minutes turning approx every 4 mins.
2. Mix breadcrumbs in food processor with 2-3 tbsp cold water and blend them to make a puree.
3. In a small pan, saute onion until lightly browned and add this sauted onions and olive oil to food processor with puree.
4. Remove capsicum from oven and peel off skin. Cut them into pieces, removing the seeds. Add them to breadcrumb mixture in food processor.
5. Blend the mixture to a dip consistency.
6. Add remaining ingredients and blend, adding olive oil as needed.
Serve as a dip with Pita bread wedges, kebabs or veggies !