I was on a healthy eating bandwagon last month. Please note verb "was" here. I haven't been much into pumpkins and it hardly enters my kitchen but once i tasted how amazing this soup tasted i already have had it a few more times.
While it is nice to go healthy, it doesn't always mean you have to eat bland food and your taste buds have to suffer. I tried so many tasty recipes for the first time that i have a lot of new additions in my favorite list !
I know i need to share more recipes but it just gets too busy specially with Lil Bun in our lives. By the way he loves this soup as well, i was having it the next afternoon in lunch and he was making faces as if why not to me? So i gave him a spoon and he licked it thoroughly, so inspired i gave him some more and he gulp it happily. So then we ended up sharing a lunch, i am so happy that soon we will be able to eat same meals and no more special baby foods but wait, still some time for that. No day dreaming, back to recipe.
Ok so what are we waiting for, let's get started.
Let's collect ingredients :
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 bowl pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into cubes (i used around half of pumpkin)
3 cups vegetable stock
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (optional )
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent, while stirring in between not to make it stuck. It will take about 3-4 mins.
3. Add pumpkin and cook until lightly softened.
4. Add vegetable stock and tomato paste and stir to mix.
4. Bring it to a boil over high heat, lower to a simmer, and cover. Cook for about 20-25 minutes, until pumpkin is very tender.
5. Let it cool down a little bit and blend it into until smooth.
6. Put it back on flame, add cheese, salt, and pepper; mix and serve warm.
Enjoy delicious healthy pumpkin soup !