Nithya mailed me this recipe for Pineapple cake and since then I wanted to try it. This weekend was a perfect occasion as we were going to one of our friend's place for dinner and I thought let me bake and bring this along.
A day prior to that we spent almost whole day discussing options to decorate it with, from only pineapple decorations we concluded to make it more colorful and then decided to make it rich with topping of all kind of fruits :o)
This cake was an instant hit! (Or at least I was told and convinced to believe so!! hehe)
Let's Collect Ingredients:
100 gms flour sieved with 2 small level tsps of baking soda
100 gms ground sugar
1 tsp pineapple essence
1 pineapple can
Sugar cream for icing
Let's Start Baking:
1. Beat the eggs till they become stiff n reach to the 3/4th level of the vessel. The true test is, even if u tilt the vessel the egg stuff should not move. This will take u approx 15-20 mins; it can be done taking breaks in between. (Actually I am very impatient, so I had my doubts to beat this longer, but I am happy I did)
2. Once done add sugar slowly n beat again.
3. Add flour spoon by spoon and fold in one direction. Do not mix a lot just very delicate folds. Add pineapple essence. (I did a mistake of mixing a bit more than required which made it lose a bit of fluffiness; I will remember it next time not to do so)
4. In an aluminum cake pan put butter n dust some flour. Pour this mixture. Bake in preheated oven at approx 180 C for approx 30 mins or till when tasted with the stick, it comes out clean.
5. Remove, cool and get it out on a plate.
6. Cut the cake from centre to make 2 layers. Use a thread to avoid breaking the cake.
7. Put the syrup from the pineapple can on both insides of the cake. Sugar water on the both the insides of the cake, the cake should be wet. Instead of syrup, you can use sugar water.
8. In a different bowl, beat cream and sugar till fluffy n thick, this should take just 5-10 seconds. Beating it more will change the taste of the cream- butter formation.
9. Mix sugar to the cream, add pineapple pieces and apply on the inside and top of the cake.
10. Decorate with fruits of your choice!
Refrigerate and eat cool. Yummm. :o)