Very famous item from western part of India, that is state of Gujarat.
Initially it used to be household item at the time of yearly mission about making and storing Papdi ( that's different kind of pappadam ). Lately, due to it's popularity and simplicity i saw it making place in road side food and specially stalls at the times of festivals and fairs.
Let's collect the ingredients :
500 gm. Rice flour,
25gm green chillies,
15gm cumin seeds,
15gm bishop-weed seeds (ajamo),
15gm sesame seeds,
Salt to taste.
Let's start cooking:
1. Finely crush green chillies, cumin seeds, bishop-weed seeds in mixer.
2. Take double water as compare to rice flour. Heat the water in thick bottom vassal and add crush material in it. Add soda-bi-carbonate, salt and sesame seeds in it.
3. When water boiling then add flour slowly over the water. Spread flour over the water with spoon and cover it. After approx 30 minutes check if the water is absorbed.
4. Take a wooden spoon and stir continuously in one direction.
5. Mix well. It will appear like dough.
6. Kichu is read to eat. You can eat it sprinkling with oil, red chili powder.
Have fun !