If you feel, i have turned into a soup fan, you won't be wrong. I have turned into not only soup fan but also a salad fan. I have tried so many variations of soup and salad that it even surprises me. As a child that was the one thing i didn't see myself doing when i turn thirty.
So you see, life is indeed expecting unexpected.
This soup over here is nice blend of fruity and veggie flavours. It has carrot, an-apple-a-day-keeps-doctor-away thingy and nice gingerly bit. You can even add some orange juice to it, how more fruity can you be?
Ok, don't take my word for it, try it out yourself, will you?
Then here we go....
Let's collect ingredients:
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small yellow onion, sliced
1-2 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 small apple, peeled and sliced
4 to 5 cups sliced, peeled carrots (about 1 1/2 pounds)
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup Orange Juice (optional)
pinch of nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
Let's start putting Soup together:
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook until it's softand translucent. (about 5 mins.)
2. Add ginger and garlic and cook for one minute, until fragrant.
3. Add apples, carrots and cook for 3 minutes more.
4. Turn flame to medium-high and add vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce flame to low and simmer, uncovered, until carrots and apples are softened, about 30 minutes.
6. Remove pan from the flame and let it cool down a bit. ( About 10-15 minutes.)
7. Blend the soup.
8. Return soup to the pot. If you prefer soup thinner in consistency, add more vegetable broth or Orange juice if you’d like.
9. Add a dash of fresh ground nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
Note: Please mind that Soup got some ginger so it is already a bit spicy so watch out on amount of pepper.
Enjoy delicious, spicy and nutritious soup !
Safety Note: If you are blending in blender be sure not to fill the blender more than halfway full or hot soup will explode everywhere. Let some of the steam escape to avoid unpleasant incidents.